Looking for information about Sandals Jamaica?
Award-winning St. John’s Travel Agency Specializing in Sandals Jamaica
For us, as an award-winning travel agency specializing in all inclusive vacations in Jamaica, Sandals is the ultimate option in Caribbean resorts. Sandals Jamaica has enough options that everybody is sure to find something to suit them.
Sandals is committed to creative development of new results that surpass all expectations. Sandals is also dedicated to respectfully and responsibly participating in the society of the countries where their resorts are found.
We at Travel Time – TPI Inc enjoy working with Sandals because their level of service is unmatched. The quality of experience available to guests on their resorts means that we never hear negative feedback from our clients about the resorts we recommend for them!
Why visit Jamaica?
Jamaica is a favourite destination for Newfoundlanders- and for good reason! The island’s laid-back atmosphere and friendly people who speak English in all domains of public life make it an easy transition to enjoying the warm weather and sunshine.
The island also relies heavily on tourism as one of its major industries, so there are a lot of services and experiences that exist to be tourist-friendly. You will have a blast, from the souvenir shops to the relaxed island vibes in the music you’ll hear in the restaurants while enjoying some of the local food, and of course, the pristine beaches and turquoise waters.
Because Jamaica’s average temperatures range from 21°C to 32°C, the climate is perfect for enjoying the pool and the beach, without being unbearably hot.
Jamaica was the place where Sandals resorts first had their start, in Montego Bay. Since then, the Sandals brand has grown and is now internationally recognized, having been awarded the “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand” for 23 years in a row, and the “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” for 21 years in a row!
Sandals resorts are all designated “adults only”. This maintains a tranquil and romantic atmosphere for couples while allowing groups of travelers opportunity to enjoy leisure activities among other adults.
Visiting Jamaica is a great choice and Sandals will never disappoint, but there are a lot of resorts to choose from!
Top Resorts in Jamaica
This page will outline the very best of Sandals Jamaica’s top resorts, explaining a few attractive characteristics of each one and then we’ll give you some quick tips on how to choose which one is best for you.
Sandals Negril | Located on the Famous 7-mile Beach
• 1,700 feet of beachfront property
• Phenomenal One-Bedroom Oceanfront Suites set upon a relaxing crystal lagoon
• Ultra luxurious one-bedroom millionaire honeymoon suites with private plunge pool
• 226 Rooms & suites in 16 room categories, over a 12-acre property
• Newly renovated rooms & suites in the Caribbean beachfront village
Sandals South Coast | All Beachfront. All Luxury. All on Jamaica’s South Coast.
• Each room and suite overlooks the 2-mile beach
• European-style beachfront resort & spa
• Three authentic architecturally designed beachfront villages: Italian, Dutch, and French
• 360 rooms in 16 room categories on a 50-acre property
• Retail village including duty-free jewelry store, resort shop, and digital photo shop
Sandals Royal Plantation | Old-World Charm, built on a beautifully cultivated tropical garden
• 74 ocean view suites in 9 room categories
• The ultimate in serene seclusion
• All suites are serviced by Butlers trained by the Guild of Professional English Butlers
• Exquisite international, Mediterranean, Caribbean, and French cuisine
• Complimentary pillow menu and the Caribbean’s only Champagne and Caviar Bar
Sandals Ochi Beach Resort | Fun in the sun.
• 525 villas, luxury rooms with fantastic mountain and ocean views including the Butler Village
• 105 pools, 22 hot tubs
• Two luxurious Red Lane Spas with a tropical Solarium
• The largest rock climbing wall in the Caribbean (30′ x 30′)
• Complimentary green fees at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course
• The Ochi Beach Club providing the ultimate party experience combining entertainment, music and cuisine
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort & Private Island | Old World British Colonial Charm in a Caribbean Setting
• Exquisite, one of a kind over-the-water Private Island Butler Villas with Infinity Pools and over-the-water Private Island Butler Honeymoon Bungalows
• Twenty exquisite 5 Star Global Gourmet Restaurant® options
• Magnificent, Swim-Up Crystal Lagoon Suites and Suites with Tranquility Soaking Tubs for Two
• 10 minutes transfer time from Sangster International Airport
• 227 rooms in 24 room categories on a 15-acre property
Sandals Inn | The Smallest Sandals Resort, with the Biggest Heart
• 52 rooms in 4 room categories
• Complimentary 24-hour room service for all rooms
• Close proximity to the popular Montego Bay ‘Hip Strip’, where you will find duty free shopping, restaurants, bars and clubs.
• “Stay at one, play at three” – Complimentary shuttle bus services to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Montego Bay to enjoy the entertainment and dining options as if you were staying there, all within 15 minutes.
Sandals Montego Bay | The place where the world first fell in love with Sandals
• Boasts the largest private white sand beach on the North Coast
• 255 rooms & suites in 22 room categories on a property of 26 acres
• Newly renovated Beachfront accommodations in the Palms Building
• Oceanfront accommodations in the Almonds Building
• brand new extravagant Beachfront Romeo and Juliet One-Bedroom Butler Villa suites with Outdoor Tranquility soaking tub
• “Stay at one, play at three” – Complimentary shuttle bus services to Sandals Royal Caribbean and Sandals Inn to enjoy the entertainment and dining options as if you were staying there, all within 15 minutes.
As you can see, there are a lot of options for visiting Sandals in Jamaica, and each resort offers different amenities, depending on what you’re looking for.
Even after choosing a resort, there can be many room categories available with different levels of service, and this is why it’s best to consult with travel experts who know the resorts.
How to choose a resort
Here at Travel Time TPI, our travel experts have been to each of the resorts in Jamaica and can make recommendations for a resort and room that will suit your needs.
Here are some rules of thumb that will help you decide which of the resorts above is best for you:
• For groups traveling, we would tend to recommend Sandals Ochi Beach.
• For couples who enjoy a secluded and private environment, we might recommend Sandals Plantation
• For couples who enjoy activities such as golfing, we recommend Sandals Ochi Beach.
• For anyone who likes an upbeat atmosphere with fun parties, we usually recommend Sandals Ochi Beach.
• For couples who love walks on the beach, there’s no match for Sandals Negril.
• Anybody who enjoys European elegance should consider Sandals South Coast.
• People who would take advantage of complimentary room service should look at Sandals Plantation or a Butler Suite at any of the other resorts.
These are just a few rules of thumb. Considering each resort has different amenities and offers a unique experience, we like to take clients’ tastes into account when figuring out which resort would be right for them. Depending on what type of holiday they want, we might recommend a different resort.
Why Travel Time – TPI Inc
Our travel agency based in St. John’s, NL has been awarded several titles since Lois Barbour started the business in 2005. These awards reflect recognition from Sandals in our working with them, but also indicate our level of service due to our successfully making the right recommendations for our clients, many of whom become repeat clients. Once you go to Sandals in Jamaica, you will want to go back!
On our staff, we have Certified Sandals Specialists and we’re recognized as a Sandals Preferred Agency. We’ve also worked alongside Sandals in planning destination weddings, reaching the qualification of Sandals Weddingmoon Specialist in romance travel.
We’ve been awarded a spot in the Sandals Chairman’s Club, a prestigious award to high-performing agencies that specialize in dealing with clients who are looking for the perfect Sandals getaway.
It’s best to hear what our clients have to say about working with us, and their experience at Sandals.
Emily, who traveled with a group to Sandals Whitehouse (now named Sandals South Coast), had this to say:
“Thanks to the TPI team for all your help with the wedding. Lois was quick to respond to emails and phone calls which certainly helped with all the planning.
We LOVED Sandals Whitehouse. The beautiful gardens, beach area, 3 pools, restaurants and bonfire pits to lounge by in the evening were all amazing. While the rooms were a bit dated (they are renovating them soon), they are still clean and the beds super comfortable! The three different pool areas & tons of beach space gave our guests lots of options – whether they wanted peace & quiet, or a bit more lively area with music playing. We really enjoyed utilizing the many water sports they offered for free (water skiing, wake boarding, catamaran, etc.).
If you’re lucky enough to have a big enough group to get the free catamaran cruise you are in for a great time! We received a private cruise as a perk for having 35 rooms booked with our wedding and it was certainly one of the highlights (next to the wedding) of our trip!
It is a 1.5-hour ride from the airport on some narrow roads, but just bring some Gravol and you’re good to go. The resort makes up for the long drive 🙂”
Maxine and Boyce also traveled to Sandals Whitehouse, now called Sandals South Coast, and here’s what they had to say about their trip:
“Hi Lois, we wanted to say thank you to you and your staff for all your help with our travel arrangements to Sandals Whitehouse in Jamaica. During all of our dealings with Travel Time – TPI Inc. we found your services excellent in every way. The resort was absolutely beautiful and a wonderful place to celebrate the wedding of our son Justin & our new daughter-in-law Emily. Thank you again for helping to make our week such an enjoyable experience.”
There’s no substitute for talking to somebody who has been to each resort and can talk you through your expectations in order to advise the correct resort for you.
We welcome any inquiries or requests for consultations about any of these resorts!
Meeting with the Sandals Jamaica experts
We can book Sandals vacations for anyone, anywhere, but we are based in St. John’s. Whenever our clients wish, we can meet them at a local coffee shop (we love Starbucks!) to discuss their options and what they’re looking for.
We often meet our clients anywhere in the St. John’s and surrounding area, including Mount Pearl, Portugal Cove-St. Philip’s, Paradise, and Conception Bay South.
We often host Sandals Resorts information sessions in conference rooms in St. John’s, NL. We have hosted our information nights at the Holiday Inn on Portugal Cove Road, at the Fairfield Inn on Kenmount Road, at the Capital Hotel on Kenmount Road, and at the conference room of the Clovelly Golf course in the east end of St. John’s. For information on our next session, follow us on social media and sign up for our e-mail list. (Psst. There are often promotions available after our information sessions!)
Contact your local Sandals Jamaica experts
We are active on social media, and we have a Contact Us page where we can receive your inquiries.
We often post on our Google+ page, Twitter, and Facebook as well as sending out e-mail newsletters to let clients know about our upcoming events and information nights. If you are not in the local St. John’s area, you can stay in touch for opportunities to join us on one of our webinars!
Join us on Google+:
We’ll be adding photos periodically to our Google page.
Visit our facebook page as well to stay up to date on company news, promotions, and new photos we release from our visits to resorts in Jamaica and throughout the Caribbean!
Check out this video with pictures from our visits to Sandals South Coast over the years. We hope it gives you an idea of how awesome it is to visit Sandals Jamaica, and that you consider this resort for your holiday plans!